Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Hunt is Over!



I am a HUGE fan of the movie SHARK if you couldn't tell from my interview with Zac Reeder :P.But long before I knew about SHARK,I saw a Japanese VHS copy of it eBay in 2006.It was entitled Jaws '98 aka Great White (Films Original Title).I wanted to buy it but alas,it was WAY overpriced,but I ended up saving the photo of the cover on a CD-R so I could remember it.So 4 years later (2010) I come across and that old CD-R filled with lots of old eBay auction photos.I then notice the Jaws '98 Cover and then decide to look up information about the movie.I had to use Googles Translator so I could make Jaws'98 into ジョーズ '98.Once I put the Japanese translation in Google,A LOT of results came up on it.I went onto Amazon Japan website and it listed Zac "Leeder" as the director and Richard Keats as the actor...but then I eventually found out it was actually Zac REEDER.So I then typed in Zac Reeder into imdb and noticed there was a movie called SHARK with Richard Keats.I searched on Google some more and saw Video Detective had a preview for the film...I fell in love with it!I then typed SHARK into Amazon and then got the listing for the DVD.The DVD was $20.00 for a sealed edition so I ended up getting it Brand New :D.The DVD was the problem though...on the DVD,the Audio was f'd up.It was butchered and had a terrible echo/screech to it.Plus the transfer for the film was also horrible!I ended up asking a Japanese eBay seller if he could find me a copy of Jaws '98 and he did find it!I asked him about the audio and he said there was no echo..just low audio..which is exactly what I needed!I ended up losing the auction but then another Japanese eBay seller listed Jaws '98 and I lost that one too..I was constantly searching the net for the video but was only able to find it on Yahoo Japan Auctions but no sellers shipped to US.A few months later I get an email from a Jaws fan telling me that the video was once again for sale on eBay.I put a $40.00 maximum bid and ended up winning the auction and payed $32.00 for the video.I was relieved that I had FINally won the auction after 4 years!The video was coming from Japan so Im gonna have to wait a while before I get it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment